The Tea Room
There is no other event like one at The Tea Room. Your guests will be astonished by the restoration of the architecture as well as the addition of modern enhancements. With 5,175 completed square feet and 16-foot ceilings, the Tea Room provides a very open and expansive feel. The space is designed with neutral tones to create a simple and minimalist look and feel – ideal for each event to bring its own color to enhance the space.
The 14 large windows that surround the Tea Room and Garden Room provide a spectacular view of Des Moines. Each window has a double-doorway that opens to a balcony giving a perfect backdrop for your event’s photos.
Tea Room Amenities Include:
- 5,175 square feet of space (includes Tea Room, Jubilee Room, Lounge, and Lobby)
- Rose Room — a secluded VIP Room, complete with bathroom
- Non-exclusivity of catering and access to professional grade kitchen
- Seated dinner for up to 325 people
- A cocktail reception with up to 385 people
- Balconies overlooking the downtown skyline
- 14 floor-to-ceiling windows
- 16-foot ceilings
- LED chandeliers
- Built-in A/V and sound
- Projector and screen
- Set-up, tear down, and cleaning
- Large stage with hardwood floor
- Dance floor (up to 24' x 24')
- Tables and chairs
- Linens, napkins, and chair covers (black and white)
- China, glassware, and flatware
- All bartender, service, and security staff (Caterer will need to provide wait staff for meal service)
- On-site event manager
- Layout specific to your event
- Express elevator
- Five underground parking spots
- Valet parking (additional pricing)
Professional Commercial Kitchen:
Your caterer of choice will find our kitchen is extraordinarily equipped and designed to prepare their finest meals possible for your special event. Kitchen amenities include:
- Walk-in refrigerator
- Two-door freezer
- Vegetable preparation sink
- Six-burner range
- Two double-stacked convection ovens
- Three hot plate holding bays (accommodates up to 100 plates each bay)
- One hot food holding bay
- Speed racks
- Various prep tables/areas
- Plate warmer storage racks
- Ice bins with pushable drop-in roller carts
- Full dish pit with a high-temperature dishwasher and three-compartment sink
Provided with your reservation of the Tea Room, the Rose Room is a secure, private space designed for the bridal party, band, or VIP guests. Two large windows and a 20-inch LED chandelier provide the perfect lighting for photos and makeup application. The Rose Room also has a private bathroom and an area accommodating a bride or speaker.
The stage is a focal point for the Tea Room and provides a prominent presence of the room. Whether you’re using it as a head table for a wedding, space for a live musical performance, or for a corporate presentation, our stage provides high visibility for all guests to enjoy. To the front of the stage, you have the option to use our portable black hardwood dance floor as well as a projector and screen.
The Lounge directly adjacent to the Tea Room is about 900 square feet and is the main entrance to the Tea Room. It is an inviting space decorated with stylish furniture and distinctive art where a small party can enjoy drinks and hors d'oeuvres prior to going into the main event.
Check availability and set up a tour today by emailing us at email@example.com or calling (515) 336-1317.